Dragon for Mac Medical v5
New in version 5 of Dragon for Mac Medical:
- Support for OS X El Capitan (10.11), in addition to OS X Yosemite (10.10) and OS X Mavericks (10.9).
- Updated medical vocabularies offer improved recognition and accuracy for over 90 medical specialties.
- 15% out-of-the-box accuracy improvement over version 4 with optimization for the latest speech recognition technology.
- Enhanced support for more accents.
Manage EHR and clinical documentation-by voice
Dragon for Mac Medical v5 allows dictation on Macs running OS X El Capitan (10.11), in addition to OS X Yosemite (10.10) and OS X Mavericks (10.9).
What's NEW in Dragon for Mac Medical v5
Dragon for Mac Medical v5 is a flexible speech recognition solution that enables you to quickly capture comprehensive clinical documentation while spending more time on what matters most — your patients.
Dragon for Mac Medical v5 streamlines documentation workflow by allowing clinicians to dictate appointment and medical record notes directly into their EHR, such as MacPractice, version 5, as well as easily turn speech into text. In addition, clinicians can dictate and edit documents, or control their Mac all by voice within popular web, email and desktop applications such as Microsoft ® Word 2016 or Gmail ™.
Dragon for Mac Medical's accurate speech recognition adapts to the user’s voice and words, with customizable vocabulary and commands and an easy-to-use interface. Spend less time typing and more time with patients to improve patient satisfaction, practice volume and profitability.
Download Dragon for Mac Medical v5 Datasheet
Download Dragon for Mac Medical v5 supported disciplines and specialties
Download Dragon for Mac Medical v5 feature matrix
Enable greater productivity for clinicians all by voice
- Dictate 3x faster than typing, with up to 99% accuracy
- Make fewer edits and get more work done
- Spend more time with patients
Accuracy for medical terminology
- Enhanced speech engine with sophisticated acoustic and language models ensures Dragon for Mac Medical quickly and accurately captures specific medical terminology.
- Vocabularies covering more than 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, ensure proper clinical documentation.
- Dragon for Mac Medical adapts to the user’s voice and words to deliver better recognition results over time.
Medical and other documents the way you work
- Use your voice to create and edit both appointments and medical record notes directly into EHR and other applications, improving productivity and quality.
- Although Dragon for Mac Medical works with virtually any EHR, it fully supports MacPractice, version 5 for direct text control and dictation for a complete user experience on the Mac.
- Accurately dictate and edit documents, or control your Mac all by voice within popular web, email and desktop applications such as Microsoft Word 2016 or Gmail.
- Easily create custom word lists and macros for frequently used text, giving you the flexibility to customize Dragon for Mac Medical for the way you work. In addition, you can import and export your custom word lists.
- Quickly and easily create custom voice commands to insert frequently-used text. Save significant time when speaking a simple command to generate the full text of a standard reply, a signature block, or other boilerplates.
- Automate business processes with time-saving workflows. Create AppleScript ® s, Automator Workflows, or shell scripts and let Dragon for Mac Medical activate them by voice—automate simple workflows or multi-step business processes via simple voice commands.
Powerful transcription of recordings into text
- Capture thoughts while they are still fresh—anywhere, anytime—to produce detailed, high-quality medical notes. Great for busy, on- the-go clinicians.
- Easily transform your dictation into text by using a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder or the free Dragon Recorder app to capture high-quality audio files using an Apple ® iPhone ® , iPad ® or iPod ® touch (4th gen and up).
- Accurately transcribe a pre-recorded audio file or podcast of a single speaker’s voice with the same accuracy for medical terminology as when processing your own voice.
- Easily proofread medical documents with the Text-to-Speech feature which enables Dragon for Mac Medical to read back your text.
Recommended System Requirements
- CPU: Intel ® Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz or faster processor - Intel Core i5 or i7 recommended
- Free hard disk space: 8GB (16GB for download)
- Supported Operating Systems: OS X ® Mavericks (10.9) or OS X Yosemite (10.10) or OS X El Capitan (10.11)
- RAM: 4GB - 8GB+ recommended
- USB2.0/3.0 port for product installation (for physical product)
- Built-in microphone or a Nuance-approved microphone. Some older devices are no longer supported.